Copacabana and Ipanema are fascinating beaches in Brazil. Read and discover these wonderful tourist attractions.
Discover Copacabana beach
Copacabana is in the South Zone of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It stretches from Princesca Isabella Avenue to Lifeguard Post 6. In fact, the 4 km beach is a popular tourist destination.
In fact, local people, or the Cariocas, as well as people from around the world come to Copacabana every year because of its fascinating beaches, buoyant nightlife, and friendly atmosphere. Here are some activities you can do at Copacabana beach:
- Visit historical places: Copacabana beach is home to the Copacabana Fort and the Army Historical Museum.
- Drink at friendly bars: Along the beach, you can try the gold cup of the local beer at the beach bars, or the locally brewed beer.
- Drink coconut water: If you are thirsty after the long walk along the beach, quench your thirst with coconut water. It is so refreshing!
- Discover the sand art: At Copacabana beach, marvel at the amazing sand sculptures.
- Play sports: Copacabana beach is the best place to play beach volleyball or beach soccer. The beach is equipped with volleyball nets and soccer goals. It is the best place to make friends and have fun.
- Buy souvenirs and artworks: If you go to Copacabana beach, don't miss the weekly touristic fair, which takes place from Friday to Sunday at 6 p.m.
- Taste the local specialties: Many restaurants which serve tasty food are located along the Copacabana beach. The dried meat cooked with cassava roots are out of this world!
Discover Ipanema beach
Ipanema is located in the South Zone of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Ipanema beach is separated from Copacabana beach by a big rock. Ipanema is a city with 6 thousand residents.
The beach stretches over 2 km from Jardim de Alah to Arpoador. It is a popular venue for both local people and tourists for its beautiful scenery and vibrant nightlife. What are the attractions at Ipanema beach?
- See the sunset: You can come to Ipanema beach and enjoy the breathtaking view of the sunset. It is so romantic!
- Socialize and play sports: If you like sports, you can play foot-volleyball, or paddle on a boat and play a ball in the ocean. Apart from that, Ipanema beach is a good spot for surfing and kitesurfing.
- Make good friends: You can make many friends at Ipanema as you play beach sports.
- Hang out with friends: Ipanema beach is a popular meeting place for younger crowds. You can hang out with your friends at bars, restaurants, or just at the beach.
Beach Vacation in Copagana and Ipanema
Go to Ipanema and Copacabana beaches to spend the most enjoyable vacation ever! Stay at the best hotel with friendly staff in Brazil's most vibrant tourist venues. Enjoy the beauty of Brazil's beaches and the welcoming atmosphere.
To save your precious time for your flight and accommodation booking, it is preferable to book online via Opodo. Save your money by booking early online, and booking your flight and accommodation simultaneously on Opodo.